UCAT is widely known as University Clinical Aptitude Test. It is the mandatory exam to get admission in Medical courses offered by the top universities in Australia, New Zealand, and other developed nations. UCAT is a computer-based exam that tests mental abilities, attitude, and student’s professional behavior during the medical situation.
UCAT test was introduced in 2006 and was renamed after it was introduced in Australia and New Zealand. Students who are planning to get admission for Study in UK, Australia, and New Zealand Medical Universities, have to pass this exam with a good score and also qualify for the interview process before admission.
Quick Highlights of UCAT Exam
University Clinical Aptitude Test
Multiple Choices question
UCAT Exam Dates
2 June 2021
TEST BOOKING OPEN
final booking deadline
last testing date
15 Oct 2021
UCAS Application deadlines
1st week of November 2021
Why UCAT Exam?
The demand for courses like medicine, dentistry, and other health sciences has increased. When selecting students for such courses, UCAT is mandatory. UCAT Exam was designed to access skills required for health professions which include solving problems, skills required for empathy, and abstract reasoning. Most universities also conduct an interview to select students.
How to Apply for UCAT Test?
The UCAT Exam registration is a simple process as the potential candidate has to make an account on the official UCAT website, fill in all the required details, and books the test. Here is the step-by-step guide for UCAT exam registration.
- visit the official website and create your account with your legal name.
- provide the personal detail like name, email id, phone number, and other details asked there.
- After that, you need to book a test by paying the fee
- Appear for the test with proper documents and photo id card required
Make sure that you have filed the right information before paying the fee of UCAT Fee.
UCAT Exam Eligibility
- No age limit for the applying candidate for the Exam.
- As per the academics qualification, it is compulsory that the student is appearing or qualified for the higher secondary board exam from a valid education board. Physics, chemistry, and BIOLOGY should be as main subjects in the 12th board exam.
UCAT Exam Cost
The UCAT Exam fee is different for different countries every year. However, students can get some discount in fee if they apply for it. They have to mention that they need a discount. also, the eligibility is to get a concession based on nationality.
UCAT Exam Pattern
It is mentioned above and well known to all the test duration is 2 hours and the exam is a computer-based exam. The whole duration will be dived into 5 different subtests.
- Verbal Reasoning- there will be 11 different passages to solve 44 questions in just 22 minutes. It will test your logical thinking during the exam.
- Decision Making- there will be 32 minutes to solve 29 questions in the form of text, charts, pictures, and other factual data. this category tests students decision-making ability
- Quantitative Reasoning- Students have to face 36 questions in just 25 minutes. all the questions will be from maths and reasoning.
- Abstract Reasoning- How quickly and correctly students infer the relationship from the information. 14 minutes for 55 questions.
- Situational Judgement- 69 questions from medical situations need to be solved or answered in just 27 minutes.
Furthermore, the test is scored based on the number of correct answers given. There is no negative marking.
UCAT Exam Preparation
Students are advised to prepare for the entrance exam by using UCAT preparation books. These books will help to practice UCAT questions and have an idea as to answer them. Also, they can attend Mock tests online for the exam.
UCAT Exam Results
Once the results get published by the authorities, students will get an official notification mail to access it. The instructions will be mentioned in the email.
Acceptance of UCAT Test
The UCAT test is accepted by universities abroad that evaluate the students’ abilities. UCAT Exam Accepted to get admission in the following universities
Universities of United Kingdom
- University of Bristol
- Cardiff University
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Aberdeen
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Aston University
- University of Birmingham
- Edge Hill University
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- Hull York Medical School
- Keele University
- Kent & Medway Medical School
- King's College London
- University of Leicester
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- Newcastle University
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University of St Andrews
- St George's, University of London
- University of Sunderland
- University of Warwick (Graduate Entry)
- University of Nottingham
- University of Lincoln
- Plymouth University
- Queen Mary University of London
- Queen's University Belfast
Universities of Australia and New Zealand
- Monash University
- University of Newcastle/ University of New England
- University of New South Wales
- The University of Adelaide
- University of Tasmania
- University of Western Australia
- Western Sydney University
- University of Auckland
- University of Otago
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Flinders University
- La Trobe University
- University of Queensland